Meeting minutes for Env-and-Stacks WG meeting (2014-12-17)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 21:23:44 UTC 2014

On 18 December 2014 at 05:45, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17 December 2014 at 12:10, Honza Horak <hhorak at redhat.com> wrote:
>> A good and bad news, as in every story. Good news is that there will be
>> elections in January or so, then I expect a discussion about a meeting time
>> will be opened, so the time will fit new members. A bad thing is that the
>> current time is already quite late for Nick and Jens, so moving it later
>> would mean problems for them on the other hand.
>>

> Ah I didn't realize that. The problems with a 24 hour world. So one of the
> things is that I don't know what is going on with Stacks and Env outside of
> these meeting summaries. I think I keep missing the important threads on the
> list to know where things are going with CentOS or EPEL.

In this case, it's not just you - the relationship between Fedora,
Fedora Playground, EPEL, COPR, CentOS, and softwarecollections.org is
currently not well-defined, and that was pretty clear from the
discussion in the WG meeting last night. That confusion was the main
trigger for the action to add a project page for SCLs - even if it's
all just questions without answers at the moment, at least we'll have
a shared understanding of what the current questions *are*, and be
able to start looking at who needs to answer them. Even with the
CentOS SIG becoming the official home of softwarecollections.org
(assuming I understand that part correctly), Env & Stacks will still
need to be involved in order to figure out how scl.o fits into Fedora,
Fedora Playground, EPEL, and COPR.

As far as meeting times go, +1 for alternating times between "suitable
for APAC" and "suitable for US West coast". We have a similar problem
with the PSF board meetings (US West coast, central US, Germany,
India, Australia) and it just doesn't work to try to get everyone to
every meeting.

Cheers,
Nick.