half baked idea for further baking: "fedora-ugly" repo

Marcela Mašláňová mmaslano at redhat.com
Wed Feb 12 15:00:29 UTC 2014

On 02/11/2014 07:58 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 07:53:14PM +0100, Honza Horak wrote:
>> I'm not sure that significantly is correct. It's not such a big
>> problem now to package some sane code, go through formal review and
>> then change the code to malware. As far as there is some quick
>> "stop" button, I'd be ok with automatic reviews.
>
> Sure. The current model is based on the idea of sponsorship, and the idea
> that the high bar of getting a package in creates a system of contributor
> trust. We should probably look at how true that is, too.

If the packager has devel cla, I would be fine with adding such
collections into the repository. He should have at least some knowledge
about proper packaging.
I wouldn't start normal review process for such packages, because we
would have even more packages with "high bar" for inclusion into Fedora
repositories.

Marcela