Playground Repo Requirements Document

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Thu Feb 27 15:11:56 UTC 2014

On Tue 25 Feb 2014 07:23:24 PM CET Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> Okay, I started a requirements document for the playground repository:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Env_and_Stacks/Playground_repository_%28draft%29
>
> There's three things that we need to do with this to make it useful for FESCo:
>
> 1) Add other things we need to decide on to the Open Questions.  We
> especially need things that will affect the work needed to implement
> the repository but we can decide which things those are later.

I added another question which needs to be answered IMO:
How do we deal with multiple versions of same package provided by different coprs?

This wouldn't be a problem if we had structure similar to coprs where
people just enable 1 repo/feature. We could just say "these two features
are XOR, you can't have both". But if we mash all these coprs together
there will be clashes IMO.

What we probably need is make consumption of a lot of playground repos
From copr easy so that people can pick and choose. For example:
"I want new Gnome, but that doesn't mean I want new XYZ as well"

If we mash everything into one big repo, above will be hard(er) to do
with yum. Once you enable repo you'd have to manually enable/disable
various rpms and who knows how that'd turn out...

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>
Software Engineer - Developer Experience

PGP: 7B087241