Polishing the PRD

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Thu Jan 9 09:31:47 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 09:48:59AM +0100, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
> On 01/08/2014 07:33 PM, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> >On Wed, Jan 08, 2014 at 05:46:17PM +0100, Tadej Janež wrote:
> >>4) CI
> >>* Out of scope (going to take a long time to be included in Fedora,
> >>maybe even the inclusion for this group).
> >>** AutoQA - co-operation with Fedora QA.
> >>** Jenkins - upstream projects for Fedora should use
> >>http://jenkins.cloud.fedoraproject.org/
> >
> >I would greatly appreciate if that 'should use' was changed into a 'can use'.
> >Jenkins as part of the infra was set up because we, the infra, wanted to have
> >something to do CI (see warning [1]). We have offered/are offering it to other projects but it's
> >on a best-effort basis and in fact we do run quite often into some problems when
> >running the updates.
> >
> >[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jenkins@infra#What_is_Jenkins_.40_Fedora-infra.3F
> I don't know much about Jenkins and I don't want to push projects to
> use Jenkins if they are already using something else. So, how to put
> it? Could you formulate it better?

What about something like:
Continuous integration allows early detection of bugs or potentials issues. A
number of tools are available for CI such as travis-ci if your project is based
on github or jenkins (see https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jenkins@infra if your
project relates to Fedora). Upstreams project are encouraged to consider CI and
we (the WF) should help them in this matter.

Too lengthy?

Pierre