[RFC] Vision and Mission Statement

Tadej Janež tadej.janez at tadej.hicsalta.si
Tue Jan 14 11:30:45 UTC 2014

Hi!

I think our PRD would benefit a lot from having a clear Vision and
Mission Statement at the beginning.

For an example of both, see the Server's PRD:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Server/Product_Requirements_Document_Draft

Below is my initial draft of both.

Vision Statement:
Fedora Environment and Stacks Working Group is a research and
development group working on new ways to provide the latest software
stacks in Fedora. It also works on transforming Fedora into the
preferred environment of software developers.

Mission Statement:
Fedora Environment and Stacks Working Group is a group incubating new
ideas for packaging, testing and delivering the various existing and new
software stacks in Fedora. The successful ideas will graduate and become
an officially released and supported part of the Fedora Project.

Comments?

What should we put in the Mission Statement for the "environment" part?

Tadej