RFC: Packager's Guide - Content Specification

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 12:52:58 UTC 2014

On Thu 13 Mar 2014 12:51:48 PM CET Bohuslav Kabrda wrote:
>> * Appendix - Java Packaging:
>
> Why Java and why not other languages? Is this section going to contain parts of Java packaging guidelines?
> I'd advise introducing a section that'd link current Fedora guidelines, so that people could use this documentation as a central place; but I'd also advise not including parts of the actual guidelines, so that we don't duplicate the information.

We simplified our former guidelines to include *just* the real rules
without going into details about tools and techniques used to adhere to
these rules (because these evolve faster than guidelines can).

We then wrote a separate document (as Mikolaj mentioned) which contains
HOWTO. We are still improving it since it's not finished, but needless
to say, there's no better person to write the docs than people actually
using the tools. Petr can clean it up/unify of course but I don't think
it's fair to assume he has time write docs for all different languages.

So that's why "java and not other languages"

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>
Software Engineer - Developer Experience

PGP: 7B087241