1 Big repo vs multiple small ones

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Wed Mar 19 01:30:06 UTC 2014

> Today was discussed whether we want one big repo or multiple small ones
> [1]. Both have their pros and cons, but multiple small ones would solve
> most of open questions [2].
> I'd like to see discussion and later votes here, because on meetings are
> usually only five members of our SIG.

Partly playing devil's advocate here: what is the difference
then between current copr's and multiple small/individual repos?

Is it just better discoverability/filtering and ease of adding repos?
If copr provided signing and repo packages would there be much difference?
I guess it is possible for copr deps to be expressed as
one copr repo requiring another: so kind of meta-packaging.

Actually I quite like the idea of the flexibility of a repo
for (enabling) individual copr repos but just trying to understand
better what it would give us.  In a way I almost feel like we
need both for greater flexibility, but maybe a repo of coprs
and a stable ring 2 repo would be sufficient for many use-cases?

Jens