Open Questions - distinguish packages

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Thu Mar 27 09:04:18 UTC 2014

On 03/26/2014 08:13 PM, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
> On 03/26/2014 02:54 PM, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
>> How do we distinguish packages in the Playground repo from those in the
>> Fedora's main repo?
>>
>> Proposal:
>> Do not try to distinguish them. Rpmfusion packages also don't have
>> different dist tag. You can find out if really want to by rpm -something
>> or check key, which will be also different.
>>
>> Let's use the same system, which we used for approval of Playground
>> repo: mirroring. No disapproval on mailing list means approval on next
>> meeting.
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Env_and_Stacks/Playground_repository_%28draft%29#Open_Questions
>>

> It's close to next question:
> Does the review differ depending on who is building the package (cla+1
> vs in the packager group)?
> Let's say all Playground repositories packagers has to have cla+1, which
> means they know enough about Legal, so they have to have it right.

I wouldn't say that just from having cla+1 we can say anything about
packages these people produce. Anyway, cla+1 requirement seems fine to
me, since IIUIC, that means the person has some sponsor who should watch
his steps, right? It still can be real beginner with no deeper
knowledge, though.

Honza