Meeting minutes from Env-and-Stacks WG meeting (2014-05-13)

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Wed May 14 14:38:50 UTC 2014

On 05/13/2014 03:02 PM, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
>    * ACTION: hhorak will ask Fedora QA about taskotron status  (hhorak,
>      12:55:03)

I've just had a word with Kamil Dudka, one of the Taskotron developers,
and this is its current status:

  * taskotron will have the first release soon (days or weeks)

  * it is already doing something (staging instance is running
somewhere, but there is no guarantee given on the functionality yet)

  * it is theoretically possible to add some non-destructive tests
(features for running destructive tests in some isolated environment are
not ready yet), which could be enough for some RPM tests (provides,
requires, content)

  * however, guys from Fedora QA are not very excited about adding new
things in this stage where the infrastructure for 3rd party tests is
still missing and adding something new would have to be hacked, but I
hope in case there is big-enough demand...

  * for Fedora 21 all current Fedora QA tests should be run by taskotron
(depcheck, rpmlint, upgradepath)

  * results will be provided in Bodhi for start, the same as AutoQA does
it, before resultdb and/or fedmsg connection is ready

  * in case we have some other questions or some particular requests to
proceed some tests, Fedora QA mailing list or tflink (who cares about
deployment in Fedora QA) seem to be the best places to start

HTH.

Honza