Meeting minutes from Env-and-Stacks WG meeting (2014-10-07)

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Tue Oct 7 14:18:00 UTC 2014

#fedora-meeting: Env and Stacks (2014-10-07)

Meeting started by hhorak at 12:59:45 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2014-10-07/env-and-stacks.2014-10-07-12.59.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* init process  (hhorak, 13:00:03)

* FollowUp: mapping CVEs to Docker images that need rebuilding  (hhorak,
   13:02:18)
   * summary from Nick (who talked to stano) is on ML, feel free to read
     details there  (hhorak, 13:02:47)
   * we do not need to solve the CVE vs. layered image for now, as we are
     going to ship Docker files first, but it will come up in the future
     (hhorak, 13:13:00)
   * building layered images in koji is not going to be done any soon
     (hhorak, 13:13:00)
   * LINK:

https://openshift.github.io/documentation/openshift-pep-010-docker-cartridges.html
     has all the gory details  (ncoghlan, 13:17:37)
   * openshift is tackling the layered image building problem, so they
     might know more about this issue  (hhorak, 13:18:49)
   * LINK:

https://openshift.github.io/documentation/openshift-pep-010-docker-cartridges.html
     (hhorak, 13:18:49)
   * we're far from the only ones interested in the topic, so let's stick
     with Dockerfiles for now and follow the progress of OpenShift v3
     (hhorak, 13:24:47)
   * LINK: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?product=copr does not
     include any bug/rfe related to docker, shoudn't we add it there?
     (hhorak, 13:26:33)
   * ACTION: vpavlin will talk to msuchy once more and add a RFE bug for
     copr project then  (hhorak, 13:27:53)
   * ACTION: hhorak will add this issue to the task list at
     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Env_and_Stacks/Tasklist  (hhorak,
     13:28:50)

* Docker Documentation for Fedora  (hhorak, 13:30:01)
   * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_docker
     exists currently  (ncoghlan, 13:48:45)
   * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docker doesn't exist yet, and
     could make a good home for a hub  (ncoghlan, 13:49:23)
   * the idea is to create simple web site where people could find all
     important and useful information about Docker in Fedora (some
     landing page that would be more focused on users of docker, where to
     get docker files, images, etc.. the documentation more focused on
     people who want to create new fedora docker files would be only
     linked from this, not actually kept here)  (hhorak, 13:54:13)
   * ACTION: zdover will create some initial content at
     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docker  (hhorak, 13:54:13)
   * we'll discuss the idea about documentation with source control on
     some of the next meetings.  (hhorak, 14:09:39)

* Picking chairman for the next meeting  (hhorak, 14:12:41)
   * ACTION: hhorak will chair the next meeting  (hhorak, 14:15:48)

* Open Floor  (hhorak, 14:15:55)

Meeting ended at 14:17:38 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* vpavlin will talk to msuchy once more and add a RFE bug for copr
   project then
* hhorak will add this issue to the task list at
   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Env_and_Stacks/Tasklist
* zdover will create some initial content at
   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docker
* hhorak will chair the next meeting

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* hhorak
   * hhorak will add this issue to the task list at
     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Env_and_Stacks/Tasklist
   * hhorak will chair the next meeting
* vpavlin
   * vpavlin will talk to msuchy once more and add a RFE bug for copr
     project then
* zdover
   * zdover will create some initial content at
     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docker
* **UNASSIGNED**
   * (none)

People Present (lines said)