Language Stacks in Docker Hub

Václav Pavlín vpavlin at redhat.com
Mon Sep 29 14:47:14 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Docker announced language stacks images in Docker Hub last week:

http://blog.docker.com/2014/09/docker-hub-official-repos-announcing-language-stacks/

They are all based on Debian and pretty outdated. We should consider
creation of such images for our stacks based on Fedora - we are thinking
of releasing F21 Alpha base image so we could maybe build them on top of it.

As we still don't have a build service I proposed some time ago, we
could use Docker Automated Builds - we would "just" need to prepare
Dockerfiles.

Have a look at what they provide and let me know if you think it's
interesting for us.

Thanks,
Vašek

--