Language Stacks in Docker Hub

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Tue Sep 30 08:22:17 UTC 2014

On 09/30/2014 05:16 PM, Václav Pavlín wrote:
> But what I see as a problem at the moment is that Fedora is not well
> recognized in Docker land. Red Hat as well as Cent OS are, but I don't
> see Fedora mentioned anywhere.

Once F21 is released, with the Fedora Cloud minimal base image, that
could be a good option for building awareness. Being a good basis for
containers and extra light VMs is essentially that product's reason for
being.

> But I agree with Marcela that it wouldn't be easy at all to provide and
> maintain layered images which are useful for developers.

Part of what I was suggesting (just in a very roundabout way) was that
once it's possible to use OpenShift to build Docker images, it should be
possible to pull them *out* of OpenShift, and publish them to the
central Docker registry.

I just got sidetracked, so that was as clear as mud :)

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan