Few updates about Playground repo

Miroslav Suchy msuchy at redhat.com
Mon Apr 20 15:10:38 UTC 2015

On 04/20/2015 04:14 PM, Honza Horak wrote:
>>   * User have better control from where the package is coming - e.g.
>> it comes from msuchy/foo project which is part of
>> Fedora playground (compare to "it comes from Fedora Playground").
>
> This information is not possible to get from RPM metadata, right?

The information is possible to get from RPM:
rpm -qi spark-cli:
Vendor      : Fedora Project COPR (msuchy/spark-cli)
However we do not have tools to handle such information.

>>   * User can enable playground and then disable some projects (not
>> possible with one big repository).
>
> How is this done? Say I disable one copr in
> /etc/yum.repos.d/_playground_${copr_name}.repo by setting enabled=0 --
> how the cron job finds out it shouldn't touch this specific repo? Since
> just by running:
>      dnf playground disable
>      dnf playground enable
> the disabled repo would be enabled again, wouldn't it?

TMTOWTDI
e.g. disable the repo and then
chattr +i /etc/yum.repos.d/_playground_${copr_name}.repo

>>   * No additional maintenance - that big one repository will need some
>> maintainer.
>
> It seems to me there won't be much difference in maintaining with one
> big repo (except initial implementation), it's more matter of where the
> cron job is running.

You will have to store it somewhere. OK. *If* it will be on the same
machine, we can hardlink it.
You will have to run reposync (and from my experience from
softwarecollection.org) it has more then one weak points.
So initial setup, some task four times per year... But still the other
option have zero maintenance and zero setup time.

M.