Minutes from Env-and-Stacks WG meeting (2015-02-26)

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Thu Feb 26 18:53:51 UTC 2015

On 02/26/2015 04:28 PM, Honza Horak wrote:
> * Follow-ups: Dockerfiles recommended tips  (hhorak, 13:40:52)
>    * having some docker.fedoraproject.org will be very beneficial
>      (hhorak, 13:55:01)
>    * IDEA: content should focus on "docker in Fedora" and developer
>      workflow for container based deployments, not that on "what is
>      Docker?"  (hhorak, 13:55:01)
>    * IDEA: making DevAssistant fedora-dockerfiles aware would be quite
>      neat  (hhorak, 13:55:30)

Nick, thanks, for chairing the rest of the meeting :)

About the dockerfiles, we chatted witch few folks around as well about a
need to keep some best practices for preparing dockerfiles not only for
fedora, but for openshift, centos and other RH-related projects. So, I'm
actually not sure if fedora wiki is the right place, since we'll need
some example files anyway... So we were more thinking about some git
repo where fedora wiki can point into eventually.

There is a project called 'dock' which is supposed to be something like
mock for rpms, but for docker :) basically a generic tool to build
docker images. Why not to set up a github repo there and keep some best
practices right near the tool? e.g. under:

   https://github.com/dbuildservice/dockerfiles-doc

Markup format allows us to be productive, not think about text
formatting much, and github would allow us to deliver more generic
content with possibility of pull requests, etc...

What do you think?

Honza