help put together a modularization/rings Fedora Objective

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 22 14:48:38 UTC 2015

First, background — take a look at
<http://fedoramagazine.org/lets-talk-about-fedora-project-objectives/>
if you haven't seen it.

And also, <https://fedorahosted.org/council/ticket/17>, our first (in
the midst of being formally) approved medium-term objective. I'd like
to propose another one, basically in the same template, for the other
major part of Fedora.next — the "rings".

I think it's very clear that the future of Linux distributions is in
this model, rather than in the "flat" model we have now. That's a
radical change, and is going to need a huge amount of effort over the
course of several releases. And that effort is going to need a lot of
coordination and planning, and high-level support from the project
overall. An objective proposal (and acceptance of that proposal) is the
way to do it. Let's get that started!

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>