Developer subsite as a self-contained change proposal (was Re: Meeting minutes for Env-and-Stacks WG meeting (2015-07-16))

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 12:57:30 UTC 2015

On 16 July 2015 at 23:09, Václav Pavlín <vpavlin at redhat.com> wrote:
> * Developer Site for Fedora Project  (vpavlin, 12:41:12)
>   * LINK:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Env_and_Stacks/Projects/DeveloperPortal
>     (vpavlin, 12:43:10)
>   * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites/Developer (phracek,
>     12:43:43)

In relation to this, I've updated the content on the new Env & Stacks
subpage to eliminate the duplication with phracek's existing plan for
setting up the initial site and instead specifically cover the idea of
putting the subsite forward as Fedora level self-contained change
proposal.

Where I think Env & Stacks can potentially help the project is in
having the WG take overall responsibility for the site's content,
including coordinating with the other WGs if they're making major
changes to the recommendations.

We'd also be the first point of escalation if there's an argument
about what tools the developer portal should be recommending.

Where I think getting directly involved in this particular project
will help Envs & Stacks is that "we're responsible for the Fedora
Developer Portal" conveys the essential purpose of the group in a
practical way, both for folks participating in the WG, and those
outside it wondering why we're here :)

Regards,
Nick.