Gathering feedback from Fedora users

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 15:55:11 UTC 2015

On 19 June 2015 at 21:04, Honza Horak <hhorak at redhat.com> wrote:
> Not sure who was the nice person to edit so far, but I'd appreciate more
> people to be involved to come up with more questions which     we could ask
> users about.. Maybe we could collect some feedback about the Aleph proposal
> as well, right from the beginning?

I think the Aleph proposal involves too much Fedora arcana to be
useful as a basis for questions to end users. I've instead suggested a
raft of questions that are designed more to elicit information about
what folks are already doing with Fedora and softwarecollections.org,
moreso than asking question about what they'd like to see changed in
those services.

The kinds of questions I've added are aimed at better understanding
what *current* Fedora user's problems are. I have some good feedback
on that already just from understanding Red Hat's own internal usage
of Fedora as a development platform and from getting to see a broad
range of use cases as an upstream Python core developer (hence the
Aleph proposal), but my assumption that that experience generalises is
currently exactly that: an assumption. The Fedora User Survey could
provide an opportunity to validate those assumptions before we go too
far down an incorrect path.

Regards,
Nick.