developer page on installing go, .profile doesn't get sourced

Tomas Tomecek ttomecek at redhat.com
Thu Nov 5 12:07:08 UTC 2015

Quoting Eduardo Silva (2015-11-03 02:32:11)
> First of all I have to say I'm not a developer, but with the sexyness
> of developer.fedoraproject.org I might just become than just an
> enthusiast for Fedora.
>
> While looking at the site, I decided to check out 'go' since I've heard
> a lot of good about it. At the end of the installation instructions
> https://developer.fedoraproject.org/tech/languages/go/go-installation.html
> is said to add a environment variable to ~/.profile. But when I open a
> new gnome terminal .profile isn't sourced...
>
> Is this a bug in the instructions, or my system?
>
> Thank you, and congrats again on the new portal
> Eduardo

You are indeed right. I tried zsh and bash and neither of those sources
`~/.profile`. Looks like we should update our guide.

Can you please create an upstream issue at
`https://github.com/developer-portal/content`?

Just for the record, easiest solution to the problem will be probably to put the
environment variable to `~/.bashrc` (or `~/.zshrc`) -- depends what shell you are
using.

Thank you for your interest in portal!
~~
Tomáš Tomeček