Software Component Pipeline, now with pictures!

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 06:33:35 UTC 2015

Folks have presumably noticed that I like words (lots, and lots, and
lots, of words). However, some ideas really do call for pictures, and
so I put together a couple of draft diagrams for the software
component pipeline idea:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Env_and_Stacks/Projects/SoftwareComponentPipeline

The "initial" diagram is the one I'm most interested in at the moment
- it's the one which focuses on making it possible for folks to:

1. Automate rebuilding a COPR repo when upstream publish a new release
(Anitya+COPR)
2. Define custom repos based on labels applied to COPR repos and
builds (COPR+RepoFunnel)

The "future" one goes further, and proposes extending both COPR and
RepoFunnel to handle non-RPM content. Also potentially interesting (on
the RepoFunnel side) would be supporting alternate repo management
back ends like Pinterest's Pinrepo.

Cheers,
Nick.