FPC ticket for building for multiple versions of a language stack?

Bohuslav Kabrda slavek at redhat.com
Tue Sep 29 08:02:31 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> Hi folks,
>
> My Google-fu is failing me, so I'm asking to see if anyone else has
> the relevant link: I recall seeing a proposal a while back (from
> Slavek, IIRC) to support running a spec file multiple times with a
> different target location each time (but still having a default
> location used in a "normal" RPM build).
>
> This wasn't about SCLs, it was about situations like building for
> python 2 + python 3 + pypy + jython, or for the multiple Python 3
> stacks in EPEL. The general idea was that packaging for multiple
> runtimes shouldn't be as difficult as it currently is.

Hey Nick,
it was actually RPM ticket, not FPC one: http://rpm.org/ticket/883
My idea was actually only running the build once and have functionality to dynamically generate arbitrary number of subpackages during the build. I think it was you who commented on that idea with a thought that we could have one specfile and build it multiple times, perhaps with a macro defined to different values.

Slavek