FPC ticket for building for multiple versions of a language stack?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 06:21:28 UTC 2015

On 30 September 2015 at 00:10, Orion Poplawski <orion at cora.nwra.com> wrote:
> On 09/29/2015 02:36 AM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
>> Slavek's idea was to do this at the RPM level, by introducing loops
>> into spec files: http://rpm.org/ticket/883
>>
>> My inclination is to favour a more SCL style approach, where the
>> definition of the runtimes to build for is defined at the distribution
>> level, rather than in the individual packages.
>
> We're working on something somewhat similar here:
> https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/567
>
> The problem I have with at the moment is trying to automatically generate
> the proper %files sections.  Perhaps if the install could generate a
> manifest.

If you add the relevant pip module to the BuildRequires and use
"<target_python> -m pip install" to do the installation (rather than
plain distutils or setuptools), you'll get a full manifest as a CSV as
described in https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0376/#record

Passing "--record <filename>" to install will also do this, although
I'm not sure of the format in that case.

Cheers,
Nick.