Voting: repotag for EPEL

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Apr 5 06:59:46 UTC 2007

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 06:42:06AM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 04.04.2007 22:30, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/SteeringCommittee/Voting#head-efb18a3ff4ed343c4a8aa17dc0a8466bab8c9024
> > Voting topic: Should EPEL carry a repotag? If yes, the technical
> > details will be delegated to the Packaging Committee.
>
> I'm not going to vote on something where I don't know the technical
> details yet.

Yetserday you didn't even want to have EPEL be authoritative opn that
and wanted to outsource the whole decision to the FPC. Why the change
of heart? The voting above is the political aspect which we as EPEL
need to make.

> I also strongly dislike the kind of voting -- the threads you
> pointed to are much to confusing and have FUD and personal attacks
> in it. Before doing a voting on a controversial topic like this it's
> IMHO really necessary to write a summary about the whole stuff.

I'm sorry, but I can't control the content of this list, it is free
for everyone and a thread can have both helpful and less helpful
content. Dumping the whole discussion because someone tried to
sabotage it by making it a flamewar is a good tool to stall us
forever.

It's really been beaten to death in great lengths over the last month
and everyone on the committee must have an opinion by now. You
participated in the discussions as well. So, let's get this finalized
and move on to other topics.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net