Meetings and mailiglists/decision finding process

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Aug 15 17:47:05 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 19:36 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> - somehow accept stuff on the mailing lists if possible. Kind of "send a
> proposal, if some people give a "+1" on the list and no one objects from
> the SIG within some days consider it accepted". Sure, it's often not
> that easy and we needed to work out more details for such a scheme, but
> it could be  or something into that direction. That way the SIG or EPEL
> contributors get more influence and we might need the Steering Committee
> only if a decision can't be found

+1

We really can do everything on list.  The meetings are a reminder and
decision force -- having a time to "make decisions" helps busy people
remember to make them.

We could have a rule that anything brought up green/brand-new on the
list within the previous 48 hours of a meeting cannot be decided upon in
that meeting.  All other items that are undecided from the list from
before the 48 hour window are fair game for deciding in a meeting.

The idea is to have as much discussion and decision making
asynchroniously, but not let the mailing list time drift go on too long.

> - weekly status mail from the owners of major tasks

+1

Deadline is five minutes before the meeting.

- Karsten
--
        Karsten Wade              ^     Fedora Documentation Project
    quaid.fedorapeople.org        |          gpg key: AD0E0C41