There are still dependencies for python-imaging el5

Joel Andres Granados jgranado at redhat.com
Tue Jul 24 10:33:40 UTC 2007

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 24.07.2007 11:14, Joel Andres Granados wrote:
>
>> Received two automated email (attached) stating that plone depends on
>> python-imaging for el5.
>> python-imaging for el5 terminated from EPEL due to its existence in both
>> RHEL5 Client and Server.
>> Additionally the mail states that the broken dependency is only valid
>> for ppc, as I don't see the other arch listed.
>>

> Reason for that afaics: there is no PPC-EL5Client, thus the package from
> it could not be added to the server, thus python-imaging is still
> missing on PPC.

strange :-/

>> Does the plone spec in EPEL have to change?
>> Does the python-imaging in RHEL5 need modifying of some sort?
>> Does python-imaging in EPEL/el4 need modifying (some tag I don't know of)?
>> Or is there some black voodoo magic that is done to fix this?
>>

> The proper workaround would be to excludearch ppc for plone and other
> packages that require python-imaging.
>
> The proper solution would be to ship python-imaging in EL5Server for PPC
> *or* ship it in EPEL5-PPC only. Going for the latter route might be a
> best short term fix. Just make EVR lower then the EL5 package, in case
> EL5Server starts shipping python-imaging sooner or later.
>
> Does that sound like a plan?

Ok, Ill speak with Dan Riek and see what we can do on the RHEL side.
Additionally I will build a new
python-imaging on the el5 branch with the 1.1.5 version and a release
that is lower than the one in RHEL
that is only for ppc arch.
In this way the situation is fixed immediately and if python-imaging is
added to RHELppc in the near future
I will dead the package again.

Regards

> CU