Draft of Personal Package Request

Michael Stahnke mastahnke at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 04:11:47 UTC 2007

I updated the draft on the package request email/notification on the wiki.

Found currently at :
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MichaelStahnke/Draft-EPELPackageRequest

Reads as follows:

---
Attention $USER

Your packages <insert packages here> currently found in Fedora have
been requested for inclusion in Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux
(EPEL)[1]. Thus far, while looking at our Contributor Status[2] page,
we are unable to determine if you are planning to build your packages
for EPEL.

If you are interested in building, please follow the Branching
Procedure[3] for EPEL.

If you maintain several packages (> 2) you can also use a scripted
branching method (all packages from a contributor) by using the
Scripted Branch Process[4].

If you are not interested in EPEL or don't feel like you have the time
to put your packages into EPEL, the EPEL project would like to request
that a co-maintainer who is a part of EPEL be added to your packages.
To do this, please follow the co-maintainer process[5].

We appreciate your help in readying EPEL for official launch soon.

The EPEL team

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/ContributorStatus

[3] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/CVSAdminProcedure

[4] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MichaelStahnke/ScriptedBranchProcess

[5] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Policy/EncourageComaintainership

---

Please review and give feedback.  Also, take a closer look at [4], as
I just wrote that tonight with dgilmore's help.

And finally, should [5] reference the Extras namespace?

---
stahnma