EPEL vs Fedora main

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Mar 8 21:14:06 UTC 2007

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 09:31:52PM +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 07:58:10PM +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > The current discussion about fedora-usermgr is an example of most
> > probably a bad choice in Fedora which stalls EPEL.
>
> The fact that it is a bad choice is your opinion.

There is a "probably" in my sentence above to show that there are a
few people on this list that seem to not hate fedora-usermgr. Note
that the issue started with a collective "I have fedora-usermgr, too"
thread here. If it were a pure personal view my wording would had been
much more stronger ;)

> And I can't see why it stalls EPEL. It could also be considered that
> it is the opposition to fedora-usermgr that stalls EPEL.

Check the thread. After identifying that fedora-usermgr is not liked
by "probably" the majority around here it the issue was "escalated" to
be handled "upstream" in Fedora. If we had a quick voting here, we'd
be past this issue by now, while now we're waiting on something to
happen in Fedora-land. That's what I mean by being stalled.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net