[users] Dropping the repotag

Greg Swallow greg at runlevel7.ca
Sun Mar 18 17:56:22 UTC 2007

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis schrieb:
>
>> Please bring that up to the Fedora Packaging committee on
>> fedora-packaging at redhat.com, those guys are the ones that are
>> responsible for the Packaging Standard used in both EPEL and Fedora.
>>
>> The offer still stands: I can forward this discussion/your mail there if
>> you want.
>>

> Done now without waiting for an answer:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-packaging/2007-March/msg00079.html
>
> People interested in this discussion please participate there!

I already just joined this mailing list, now I need to join another?
No thanks, I made my point clear here.  Maybe the packaging committee
(5-10 people?) could have joined the EPEL list next time a problem like
this comes up.

On the subject of getting a +1 or -1 from the community.  I would say a
very, very small percentage of the community is here on this list, and
even fewer on the packaging committee list, so if you have even 3 or 4
people saying add the repotag, that's probably a few hundred thousand
users.  Dag is trying to speak for most of them, as I bet that many use
his repo, and I'm trying to speak for maybe 5,000 that use SME Server
(an EL4 and soon to be EL5 deriitave).  So add 5000 +1's for me please
on the other list ;-)

Greg