FYI: Revelation and other pygtk2 apps in EL-5

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Tue Sep 25 05:19:24 UTC 2007

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> Just an FYI for other people looking at this. Revelation and
> supposedly other apps that use pygtk2 will generate tracebacks in 5.0
> due to a bug in the shipped version of pygtk2 (2.10.1). The fix showed
> somewhere between it and 2.10.4 which is what I needed to get the
> application working. I am going to try and figure out what patch does
> it so that hopefully it is a 5.2 fix (or a
> CentOS-We-Fix-Other-Broken-Code-For-Free repo until then).

This is a very big PITA for me too (and has been since RHEL 5 release).

This bug however caused people to think about using Revelation for storing
passwords (some sort of lock-in), ways to migrate away from Revelation,
new Revelation development and the long-expected command line access to
Revelation files.