Removal request for trousers (now in EL 5.2 with a lower EVR)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Aug 2 11:19:10 UTC 2008

Hi all!

The maintainer of the package "trousers" asked the epel-signers to pull
that package from the EPEL repos as it's in EL since 5.2 now. I would
have simply done it, but it turned out that the EVR in EPEL is higher
then the one in EL:

$ sudo yum list trousers
trousers.x86_64                          0.3.1-5.el5            epel

trousers.i386                            0.3.1-5.el5            epel
$ sudo yum list trousers --disablerepo=epel
trousers.i386                            0.3.1-4.el5
rhel-x86_64-serv
trousers.x86_64                          0.3.1-4.el5
rhel-x86_64-serv

So what do do? I tend a bit to say "remove it as long as the RHEL
maintainer promises to ship the next updates with a release of '6' or
higher". But that has downsides as well :-/ .

Comments?

CU
knurd