perl-Net-Telnet both in EPEL and RHEL

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Thu Aug 7 11:33:26 UTC 2008

David Juran wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I noticed that while ago perl-Net-Telnet got built for EPEL. Now
> perl-Net-Telnet is already included in both RHEL4 and RHEL5 albeit older
> versions. So the result is that now the EPEL version is overriding the
> package supplied by RHEL. Is this intentional?

No it isn't intentional, and not conform the EPEL policies.

Has the package recently been included in 5.2/4.7 or have I been
completely ignorant? Can someone tell me? Or better yet, where can I
figure this out on my own? In RHN, I can only find the 3.03-3.noarch,
not the el4 version... although I haven't tried every single one of my
i-dont-know-how-many accounts.

So, based on what I see in CentOS, I find the perl-Net-Telnet package in
5.2, 4.7 and 3.9, but not in 5.1 or 4.6.

Please enlighten me ;-)

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip