Broken dependencies in EPEL - 2008-12-07

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 22:49:04 UTC 2008

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 15:33:48 -0600 (CST), Mike wrote:

> > It is beyond my comprehension what you try to accomplish with such an
> > arrogant ending of your mail. You flame me in the "put up or shut up" line
> > of thinking and at the same time admit that the repo urls are useless to me.
> >

> I'll spell it out more so you can comprehend.  I was asking you to help.

On Dec 1st? I replied to that and pointed you at the last status update
I knew of that had stalled in Oct:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-infrastructure-list/2008-October/msg00146.html

> I was asking you to stop by, say "Hey guys, I understand the problems with
> the epel dep check script are still failing and I'd like to see how I can
> help".

I wonder when you asked me that?
Btw, I mentioned the single major problem (running for i386 instead of i686)
multiple times.

> Does that make more sense?

While mstahnma was working on it already? Should I have guessed that he
couldn't test/commit his changes himself due to missing privileges? How
about communicating such things properly?

Prior to that I pointed out multiple times that it was running for i386
instead of i686. I really don't see how a ticket would have helped.
Two people in EPEL leadership have worked on the config script and
haven't had the guts to call for help or to talk to me about possible
improvements. Communication is the key. Especially if you want others
to do more grunt work.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2008-February/msg00105.html

> But instead of following proper channels, submitting tickets so
> they didn't get forgotten about you complained.

Get down off your high horse.

My consequences are that I will leave this list after this message.
Then you can call me complainer and possibly find additional names
if that is the attitude you prefer.