updating alpine?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 16:33:50 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 9:21 AM, Joshua Daniel Franklin
<jdf.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, so this basically says "you can update if nothing breaks", right?
>  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/GuidelinesAndPolicies
>
>  Alpine is now at 1.10 and its developers try very hard not to break
>  configurations, but I don't want to set a bad precedent. My
>  impression is that if this was EL they would not do a 1.00->1.10
>  update unless someone really important wanted it.

Ok, I am not sure about the validity of that page anymore since it
talks about quarterly releases and waiting until the CentOS release is
out.. which goes counter to some other discussions. I would like to
get this page reviewed at the next meeting to see whats going on with
it.

My prefered method of dealing with this would be:

1) Post that you are going to do an update into testing. [We need to
get an announce/RSS channel going.]
2) Put the package in testing and call for testers.
3) If there are no issues, let the monthly push get it out.
  Else let the push-person know and they will not push it until it is ready.