sponsorship from RH ?

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Mon May 26 12:05:28 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-05-25 at 12:14 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> On Sun, 25 May 2008, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> > Issues w/ CentOS should be reported to CentOS.
> > Issues w/ EPEL should be reported to redhat.
> >

> ** NOT DIRECTED AT Gilboa **
>
> This comment bugs me to my very core since RedHat has had so little to
> do with EPEL.  I'm proud of this fact but it frustrates me not as a RH
> employee but as someone that was a Fedora volunteer before I was hired at
> RH.  EPEL's steering comittee and much of the work that came to make it a
> reality and what it is today was done not by RH but by volunteers.  EPEL
> is a team, they get support from Fedora, who gets support from RH sure.
> Even the RH employees that were and are involved do a lot of it in their
> free time. But EPEL is a team of people and even though it's young, i'ts a
> mature organization that can and does deal with its own issues.
>
> 	-Mike

I know that the comment was not directed at me.
But never the less, I fear that my comment was misunderstood.

By reporting EPEL bugs against RedHat I didn't mean to imply that RedHat
is the master of EPEL - I just wanted to make sure that EPEL bugs don't
end up in CentOS' bug pool. Nothing else.

Bad wording on my side, I guess.

- Gilboa