mediawiki isn't working "out of the box"

Michael Stahnke mastahnke at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 15:24:01 UTC 2009

I've had the same experience.  You have to do quite a bit of finagling
with symlinks and apache settings to make things work.   At work I
documented the entire process I ran, but alas, I am at home today.

Basically, you need symlink nearly all the .php and .php5 files, and
most directories into the webroot where you want to have a wiki.
Also, permissions of certain directories will need to be modified
depending on where you are in the install/setup/configuration.

I'll try to post something tomorrow from work.

stahnma