Question of IBM PowerPC support

Maynard Johnson maynardj at us.ibm.com
Thu Nov 19 20:29:04 UTC 2009

Hello EPEL community,
I'm considering going through the steps of getting a Fedora package I maintain
into EPEL.  This package is currently very arch-specific as it's used for
collecting instruction trace data to feed into a timer accurate simulator.  The
architecture in question is IBM PowerPC.  Since Fedora has demoted ppc/ppc64
from being a primary arch (starting with F13), I'm wondering what effect (if
any) that decision has on ppc/ppc64 packages in EPEL.  I will want to target
this package to RHEL 5 and (when available) RHEL 6.  Are there any problems or
issues I should know about?

Thanks.

-Maynard Johnson