FUSE packages in EPEL

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 15:26:32 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 8:36 PM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> CentOS
> users can just choose to not install till a new release from them is
> out. It benefits RHEL users and doesn't harm CentOS users in any way.
> Does it?

Well, one of our stated goals is compatibility with derived
distributions. Since neither of the prominent community-based
RHEL-dervied distributions yet have a 5.4 release (I just checked SL),
I don't see that we could really push them to stable until one or both
of CentOS and SL have a 5.4-based release.

However, it should be noted that OEL *does* have a 5.4 release
already. so there's at least one derived distribution that it would
useful with. For now, I'd say have a ball and push to testing, but I
don't think that stable can come until CentOS and/or SL has a release.