EPEL 5 build of ntfs-3g

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Tue Feb 2 09:43:35 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 12:47:21PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Hi spot,
>
> Also do you mind if I backport from Rawhide?  Although there are not
> any specific features we need, we do all our libguestfs testing
> against later versions of ntfs-3g, and AIUI there should be no
> backwards compatibility issues for EPEL users (partly because it's not

I used the previous ntfs-3g version some months ago, from rawhide at
the time and never experienced issues. going with the latest rawhide
version seems indeed to be the way to go. And also I think that this
is the kind of package that may be updated (at a slow rate, of course
and only if there are important bug fixes or features) since there
should not be any incompatibilities given that the interface is
hidden to the user.

--
Pat