nagios shipped by RedHat, but in a specific subscription channel

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 01:31:13 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 6:21 PM, Kostas Georgiou
<k.georgiou at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 02:20:35PM -0600, Adam Miller wrote:
>
>> Here's a proposal:
>>
>> Let's make an alteration to our current policy to something of the
>> effect that "we do not ship any package that has an openly available
>> RPM/SRPM located in any child directory of
>> ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/ but we are unable to
>> verify that there will be no conflicts as not all channels are
>> published."
>
> With a quick look I see puppet, facter, ruby-shadow, jfreechart,
> python-cheetah, python-simplejson, cobbler, perl-GD, TurboGears,
> python-kerberos available there...

Well put butter on me and call me a bisquit. That pretty much says
'screw me'.. well on the other hand... it makes EPEL much smaller to
deal with :). Ok let me think this over a bit more and figure out a
better wording.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.

-- Robert Browning