EPEL Packages in need of building for EL-6

Jeffrey Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Thu Jul 8 23:51:50 UTC 2010

Jeffrey Fearn wrote:
> Mark Chappell wrote:
>> Dear Package owner,
>>
>> On Monday June 28th at the EPEL meeting on IRC we agreed to an initial
>> target date of August 15th for having all packages built for EL-6.
>>
>> Below is a summary of EPEL packages for Enterprise Linux 6 that you own
>> which have not yet been built.
>>
>> Owner: jfearn
>
> I just built this one.
>
>> perl-ParseLex
>
> This one is in RHEL6, what should happen to it?
>
>> publican-fedora

Actually, checking in Brew revealed this got untagged from RHEL6.

I've built it, but it's limited to i686 & x86_64 arches. Publican in
RHEL6 is limited to those arches because openjdk has that limitation and
FOP, which publican uses, inherits that limitation.

FWIW publican itself, and the brand packages like publican-fedora, are
actually noarch packages, but things blow up on RHEL6 if we don't limit
it to the arches FOP is available on :(

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com>