EPEL Steering Committee

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Fri Jun 18 18:00:18 UTC 2010

I brought this up at the EPEL meeting today, but as we were running out
of time, I was asked to raise the issue by email on the list.

Currently, the EPEL Steering Committee does not exist in any strict
form. It appears to be formed ad-hoc by those attending EPEL meetings.

In general, interest in the management of EPEL is fairly limited as
mentioned by smooge: "[W]e are also about 5 interested people and 95
people who just like make packages"

My real question is whether we all feel that this is a sufficient form
of governance for EPEL, or should we attempt to formalize a steering
committee similar to Fedora?

--
Stephen Gallagher
RHCE 804006346421761