Problems with libtdb/libtalloc

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at bludgeon.org
Tue Jun 22 22:58:30 UTC 2010

I haven't had the time to truly dig into this (will file a bug once I
do), but in light of recent discussion, thought I'd mention it.

When using the latest samba3x packages from RHEL 5.5 in tandem with the
libtdb/libtalloc packages from EPEL (which overwrite the RHEL provided
ones), winbindd goes into some sort of endless loop, consuming much
processor time.

Only fix I've found is to "downgrade" to the RHEL provided versions of
libtalloc/libtdb.

Have seen this happen on at least two different hosts so far.

Ray