RHEL 5.6 and PHP 5.3

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Mar 23 01:36:05 UTC 2011

Now that RHEL 5.6 has added PHP 5.3 (php53-* packages), is there any
plan on what to do with the EPEL PHP packages?  If I did my query right,
it looks like the following EPEL packages are built for PHP 5.1 only (by
source RPM):

   libpuzzle
   php-extras
   php-facedetect
   php-idn
   php-magickwand
   php-pecl-Fileinfo
   php-pecl-geoip
   php-pecl-gmagick
   php-pecl-imagick
   php-pecl-json
   php-pecl-lzf
   php-pecl-mailparse
   php-pecl-mongo
   php-pecl-radius
   php-pecl-runkit
   php-pecl-xdebug
   php-pecl-zip

It looks like almost all would just need to be rebuilt (or rather a
php53-foo package added I guess), but there would need to be a different
php-extras (the source RPM is tied to the specific PHP version).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>