Overlap policy v20120615

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 20:03:35 UTC 2012

On 15 June 2012 13:38, Bryan J Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org> wrote:
> inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Oh, I missed the EPEL does not conflict with packages shipped by CentOS rule?!
>> Some paying RHEL customers use the two packages for LB from CentOS now
>> and would rather use them from EPEL.
>
> Why is it that every time you respond, you just prove my prior points?  ;)
>
> /me goes bang my head

In this entire thread, you have done NO work beyond long long emails.
You haven't come up with a list of packages that would be impacted,
you haven't offered to come up with the changes to the build system
you would need to make the extra channels. You support no packages in
EPEL. You have attended no meetings.

And somehow you are surprised that no one "listens" and the people who
have done any or all of the above have an opinion different than
yours. Maybe banging your head will enlighten you that your method of
40+ lines emails and multiple responses is not working.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
recommend pleasant. You may quote me."  —James Stewart as Elwood P. Dowd