EPEL help needed with a C++ app

Nathanael Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu Aug 1 05:01:32 UTC 2013

On 07/31/2013 07:30 AM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> Hello
>
>      I am trying to update the libzrtpcpp library from EPEL and bring it
> to the same version as the one used now in Fedora ( i.e. 2.3.4). The
> library itself gets compiled in mock just fine; however the demo apps
> which are included in the tarball ( libzrtpcpp-2.3.4/demo/zrtptest.cpp)
> and normally get compiled but not included in the final rpm fail to
> build as shown at
> http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/8897/5678897/build.log
>      Exactly the same source, without any modification at all, can be
> built in Fedora ( for instance
> http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/libzrtpcpp/2.3.4/1.fc17/data/logs/x86_64/build.log
> ) without any problems.

So based on the links you provided. The EPEL package fails on a ppc64
build. The successful fedora package build seems to only build for i386
and x86_64. My guess is this is where the issue lies. Does the previous
version build on ppc64? If so you may need someone to figure out why the
newer version does not. If it never really built on pppc64 I would
imagine you could ad an ExcludeArch: ppc64 and be done with it. If there
are ppc64 binary versions then I'm not sure what the correct way forward
is. You could talk to upstream about the build failure on ppc64 and see
if they can help resolve it... In any case these are just my
observations about the failure I see above.

Good luck,
--
Nathanael