EPEL Updating Puppet to 2.7.x

Jeff Sheltren jeff at tag1consulting.com
Wed Aug 7 23:22:54 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

> So, could you remind us again of the various interactions of the
> versions? (or is there a doc on it?)
>
> Ie, of 2.6, 2.7, 3.0, which versions clients can talk to which versions
> servers?

I'm not sure about 2.7 -> 3.0, but for the sake of this discussion perhaps
what's important is that 2.6 clients and/or servers don't get along with
2.7 clients and/or servers.  So any existing client or server using EPEL
puppet will need to be updated at the same time.

> Also, is there any changes people would need to make to their puppet
> manifests between 2.6 and 2.7?

I think there are some small things here, but should mostly just work --
I'm able to share some (relatively simple) configs between 2.6 and 2.7
servers/clients with no issues.  If someone could provide more detail than
that, I'd appreciate it :)

> In general I'm in favor of getting it updated...

+1, just hate the surprise breakage for those that don't see this coming...

-Jeff