EPEL Fwd: Re: how to withdraw glusterfs from epel?

Chris Adams linux at cmadams.net
Fri Oct 18 19:23:05 UTC 2013

Once upon a time, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY <kkeithle at redhat.com> said:
> If you haven't followed along in fedora-devel, here's (what I think
> is) a fairly cogent, if terse, summary of what I'd like to do.

Does it really make sense to package a README that just points to
another repo somwhere else?  Are there admins that find EPEL but can't
find other repos?

I definately see retiring the obsolete packages, but what is gained for
EPEL to package READMEs telling people that bother to read them to
install another repo.

--
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>