EPEL Access to devtoolset in ?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Sep 21 19:05:12 UTC 2013

Some questions for you:

- Is the source available for anyone to download/use?
  I can't seem to see it off hand on ftp.redhat.com.

- How do you propose handing the difference in lifecycle? SCL is saying
  3 years next to RHEL's 10. What happens at those points? Everyone
  breaks and needs to rebuild anything that uses them?

- I also wonder about CentOS/SL/Other users. Could they use these
  packages at all?

While EPEL could adopt different rules or setup than Fedora, I don't
think our users want us to be making radical changes.

I am also wondering if a side repo on repos.fedorapeople.org or the
like would be a better fit for this.

kevin