EPEL texlive in 7

Simone Caronni negativo17 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 10:52:17 UTC 2014

On 1 April 2014 11:42, Susi Lehtola <jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> > Ok, I found the issue. The texlive in EPEL 7 is too old and does not
> > contain the sub-packages I'm using.
> > I hope they will update it before release; texlive 2013 was released mid
> > 2013 and we're now in 2014.
>
> You can probably forget about that hope - they're not going to do a
> major update, certainly not after the beta release.

Yeah, definitely. RHEL 6 was providing tetex/tetex-latex, Fedora ships
texlive that provides them, and RHEL 7 sits in the middle, there is no
tetex/tetex-latex and texlive does not provide them. Sigh.

Regards
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of
the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/