EPEL Intend to remove all mingw32 packages from 5

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Fri Aug 22 18:17:52 UTC 2014

Hi,

On behalf of the Fedora MinGW SIG I would like to announce that we
intend to remove all mingw32 packages from EPEL5.

These packages were added to EPEL5 back in 2008 and were never properly
maintained. These packages are ancient by now and have multiple known
security vulnerabilities. Therefore these packages shouldn't be used any
more.

More details about the situation can be found at
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/mingw/2014-August/008273.html

Here is the complete list of packages which we plan to remove from EPEL5
mingw32-atk
mingw32-binutils
mingw32-bzip2
mingw32-cairo
mingw32-cppunit
mingw32-crossreport
mingw32-curl
mingw32-dirac
mingw32-dlfcn
mingw32-expat
mingw32-filesystem
mingw32-fontconfig
mingw32-freeglut
mingw32-freetype
mingw32-gcc
mingw32-gdbm
mingw32-gettext
mingw32-glib2
mingw32-gnutls
mingw32-gtk2
mingw32-gtk-vnc
mingw32-iconv
mingw32-jasper
mingw32-libffi
mingw32-libgcrypt
mingw32-libgpg-error
mingw32-libjpeg
mingw32-liboil
mingw32-libpng
mingw32-libxml2
mingw32-nsis
mingw32-nsiswrapper
mingw32-openssl
mingw32-pango
mingw32-pdcurses
mingw32-pixman
mingw32-pthreads
mingw32-readline
mingw32-runtime
mingw32-SDL
mingw32-sqlite
mingw32-termcap
mingw32-w32api
mingw32-webkitgtk
mingw32-zlib

Unless somebody objects I'll ask releng to remove these packages.

Regards,

Erik van Pienbroek
Fedora MinGW SIG