EPEL intend to retire Django on EL5, EL6

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Fri Aug 22 21:03:27 UTC 2014

On 05/14/2013 05:04 AM, Matthias Runge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Django is currently in version 1.3 in EPEL6 and version 1.1 in EPEL5.
> Both don't receive any security fixes any more, and I'd like to retire
> and remove both.
>
> For EL6, we have Django14, which packages Django-1.4.
> For EL5, the situation looks not so good. Django upstream deprecated
> Python 2.4 a while ago.
>
> Matthias

We now have a bunch of broken deps in EPEL5:

Django-south.noarch : Intelligent schema migrations for Django apps
django-addons.noarch : A framework to create pluggable Django add-ons
django-ajax-selects.noarch : Enables editing of ForeignKey, ManyToMany and
simple text fields
django-authopenid.noarch : Django application to integrate Django
authentication system with
                          : OpenID
django-authority.noarch : A Django app for generic per-object permissions and
custom
                         : permission checks
django-dpaste.noarch : Dpaste is a code paste-bin application using Django
django-filter.noarch : A Django application for allowing users to filter
queryset dynamically
django-flash.noarch : A Django extension to provide support for Rails-like flash
django-mptt.noarch : Utilities for implementing Modified Preorder Tree Traversal
django-profile.noarch : Django pluggable user profile zone
django-reversion.noarch : Version control extension for the Django web framework
django-simple-captcha.noarch : Django application to add captcha images to any
Django form
django-sorting.noarch : A Django application for easy sorting
django-staticfiles.noarch : A Django app that provides helpers for serving
static files
django-threadedcomments.noarch : A simple yet flexible threaded commenting
system for Django
django-typepad.noarch : A helper Django app for making TypePad applications

If we get python26 into good shape in  EPEL5, maybe we can get Django14 into
there.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com